• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ arm write up done.

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Just putting up now a write up on fitting WJ lower control arms. This mod really surprised me with the reduction in vibration transmitted into the body and lessening even the bigger impacts. I have done it differently to others by not modifying the arms at all to fit.
It is in my suspension section.

www.go.jeep-xj.info

WJarms%20009.jpg

This was the 101st index link to write ups and other sections of my site! Some of which have there own index like the trip section.

Thanks for the write-up. This is something I have considered doing in the future.

Congrats on the 101st link...and thank you. I've learned a lot from your insight and info, as I'm sure countless others have from the NAXJA community.

Keep an eye on that lower bushing. The ZJs used a similar bushing(but round). The guys on NAGCA have been replacing them with the solid XJ ones due to them wearing out quickly when subjected to wheeling.

cLAYH said:
Keep an eye on that lower bushing. The ZJs used a similar bushing(but round). The guys on NAGCA have been replacing them with the solid XJ ones due to them wearing out quickly when subjected to wheeling.
Will do but have not I heard any trouble from the WJ's. Not surprised that the ZJ had trouble if they had a standard size bush with a hollow section in it as way too small to do that. Probably why Jeep changed to the much larger oval one in the WJ's.

your webpage

I saw that you made a swing away tire carrier out of a reciever hitch. Do you have any more pictures or a write up on how it was made? Thanks for your help.
Blake

Re: your webpage

I have a pair in my garage waiting to go on once it's warmer out. I've wanted to find a better write up than the MadXJ one, but it seemed everyone thought that was good enough--until now. Excellent as usual, Marcus.

phurealdeaux said:
what kind of control arm drop bracket do you have or is that a custom control arm bracket? i checked your website and couldn't find anything....

Well no write up as have not got around to it yet. :gag:
They 'were' standard RE ones but you should know me by now that nothing is left as is for long on my XJ! :laugh3:

kscherokee said:
I saw that you made a swing away tire carrier out of a reciever hitch. Do you have any more pictures or a write up on how it was made? Thanks for your help.
Blake

Dont have one out of a receiver hitch? I used to make them that included a receiver hitch and a swing a way bike carrier that attached to the side of one? No more photos than what is on my site though anyway.

Timber said:
I have a pair in my garage waiting to go on once it's warmer out. I've wanted to find a better write up than the MadXJ one, but it seemed everyone thought that was good enough--until now. Excellent as usual, Marcus.

Thanks mate. ;)

prb24 said:
Thanks for the write-up. This is something I have considered doing in the future.

Congrats on the 101st link...and thank you. I've learned a lot from your insight and info, as I'm sure countless others have from the NAXJA community.

On a quick count I now have a 189 pages!

When will it end as thought a few years ago that I would only be adding trip reports from then on as the Jeep was finished. :roflmao:

Back