• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Distributor/Plug Wires/Plugs

LilRedRover

NAXJA Forum User
I had a run in with a deep hole today and hydrolocked my engine. After flushing it out,we got it running again, but It's idling funny and throttle response is a little off, but no knocking (very happy about that). Just wondering if anyone has changed from OEM and what setup you like and/or run. Prices and where to buy are helpful, but not mandatory.

nobody have any suggestions/comments... tonight on the way home from work it started doing this lunging thing. At about 2500 RPM is would lunge or jerk 5-6 times and then at about 2750 or 3000 RPM it would stop and run strong... any ideas?

Throttle Position Sensor...they hate water. I did the same to mine but not that bad. It would do exactly what you are describing. If yours has any electronics there are a ton of codes in the cptr that will need to be cleared. The TPS is by the throttle body and will run about 100 bucks. If you have an auto check to see if you OD still works. Mine was hit or miss until I cleared the codes and got a new TPS. Hope this helps.

I put on a set of Moroso Blue Max. The custom one for the V-8. Magnacor is one of the top plug wires right now. I have Jacobs on another vehicle. Cap and rotor, get a standard one with brass terminals. There are some after market coils for the HOs. I haven't tried one yet. Plugs are a debate in itself. Some say they run good with Champion Truck plugs, other NGK. I think I had a set of standard AC Delco or Autolite in mine.
Tom

I've always used OEM Mopar on my 98, do plugs, cap, rotor and wires yearly. Going to pick up a set of the HP mopar jeep wires this time, $10 cheaper than the stockers....

i posted the same thing stated differently. im retarded. mines doing the exact thing. im clearing my codes soon and if that doesnt help ill try that new tps thingy.

I run the brass terminal cap with the Accell wires (cut to length for 6cyl engine) and Bosch platinum +4's. I noticed an increase in gas mileage and my gluteus maximus Dyno seems to think that power levels have increased.

Neil

Back