• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temp sender install BLUNDER

dirtdogger17

NAXJA Forum User
4.0 95 sport..just did the cluster swap..changed oil pressure sender..just got the temp sender..attempted to install.........snapped off in engine block..so i got a round file, and tried getting it out by unscrewing it..FILE SNAPS in engine block (it was an old file, and i didnt even use that much force)..but its still a major f* up...drill it out with the vacuum going to suck up the metal filings?...help me haha..thanks much

when I removed my temp sender for the gauge swap, water came shooting out of the block. So I don't think you have to worry about vacuum too much. Also, if you drill it out, you can drill it most of the way, then stick a vacuum hose on there to get all the shavings up, then drill the final amount to have only a few shavings left.

Hope this helps.

On the same topic I also just did the cluster swap about 3 hours ago and everything was a breeze except the temp sensor, I have a 13 mm deep socket but it doesn't fit over the top nicely becauase the head is right behind the sensor, stopped trying before I rounded it to much, I can't get the
!@#$%^& thing out, any ideas?? I'd rather not break it off and have this same problem

EBXJBOB said:
On the same topic I also just did the cluster swap about 3 hours ago and everything was a breeze except the temp sensor, I have a 13 mm deep socket but it doesn't fit over the top nicely becauase the head is right behind the sensor, stopped trying before I rounded it to much, I can't get the
!@#$%^& thing out, any ideas?? I'd rather not break it off and have this same problem

I used a short box-end wrench and screwed around with it for about 30 minutes getting it off. It helped to move some things out of the way, including the plastic rail for the Fuel injector wires.

Back