• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Help

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to have 4.5-5 inches of lift in the front of my 94 xj and I have the stock control arms on. Instead buying longer control arms, I want to know if putting the control arms from a dodge 1500 on would work. they are roughly 3 inches longer, and they are the same design as the xj ones.
do you think that this would work. also with that much lift would the stock upper control arms be ok? thanks alot.

The uppers will be ok, although with that much lift the "ideal ones would be adjustables to help get the alignment a little better. As for the Dodge arms, I doubt they would work and even if they would, the design of them and factory Jeep arms isn't the best. They are just stamped steel and after larger tires etc with lifting they become the weak point. This is why most lift manfuctures make their arms out of DOM tubing.

3" would be way too long. Also as said the stock arms are not beefy enough for the wheeling you will be doing with 5" of lift, even if all you run is 31" tires. But if you are REALLY on a tight budget check out arms from a Grand Cherokee(ZJ). I have been told that they are are slightly longer than an XJs. Have not personally checked though so bring a tape measure.

Back