• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zany cooling idea!?

dan f.

NAXJA Forum User
while removing my radiator and a/c condensor to pull my engine, i had a zany idea. my a/c hasn't worked for a while and i'm going to go to an OBA setup soon, so would it be possible to plumb the condensor in-line with the radiator and have more surface area for cooling? if this idea totally sucks please let me know, but if its reasonable, what would be involved? just a thought.
thanks for the help,
dan f.
p.s. i'm not crazy...really.

I think the plumbing would be too small to do much more than restrict flow. But it would make an awesome tranny cooler.

hmmm, i don't have an auto, so maybe a power steering cooler. what sort of plumbing would be involved in such a task? should i put it in the line to the box, or to the pump? thanks for the help/ideas.
dan f.

i thought about that too, rev. what do you guys think would be wiser, toss it or steering cooler? i'm leaning towards tossing it, my steering works pretty well the way it is. thanks again. dan f.

It (the AC condenser) is way overkill for a power steering cooler, but can make a nice engine oil cooler if you also pipe in a bypass thermostat.

i would ditch it for more airflow and get a more reasonably sized cooler for the PS pump.

I tossed mine. For a steering cooler I use a billet aluminum type that works very well, with a hydro winch.
Dump it....you dont need the wieght. While your at it....dump the rest also, everything but the compressor.

Rev

Back