• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radio/dome/Fuse #9

JMH

NAXJA Forum User
Specs first: 1993 4.0l, auto trans, cherokee country 4door

Searched for post and found a few ideas to look into...

Problem first started the other day as i got into the jeep and started it up the radio didn't come or the dome lights when i open the door up. Went through the fuses to fine Fuse #9 (10amp) was blown replaced it and everything worked for a few hours anyway.. Got back in the next moring it was blown again. Pulled out the radio i installed 2 years ago to check things out. everything looked fine traced the wires up into the wireing harness adapter, then up to the wires are taped...

The wire i'm trying to trace near as i can tell with the cheap book i have is the Pink wire (always hot). Does anyone have a drawing or diagram of this wire, as all mine shows is from the fuse block to the door and ect , nothing pass firewall (looking for detail like from the battery to the fuse box or whole thing ). Has anyone traced this wire before in this year to know which side and where the wire runs though the firewall. As the last thing i want to do is tear out the dash to trace this wire and take lose all the wiring loom, I'm thinking it's grounding out somewhere as it passes though the firewall.

Also heres a pic of the fuse box area theres a red wire that is like stuck in the box been in there sence i bought the jeep .. Any one have idea what this is ? http://www.geocities.com/vampires_kiss2001/untitled-1.html

I have a Digital Multimeter that i just got but the instructions are not as plain as i hoped , can anyone tell me or point me to a good site that tells me how to test with it. Heres a link to what i have http://www.iequus.com/item.asp?cid=60&pid=3320 and i've download the pdf also but still kinda lost as to how to use it Right.

If you need more info or anything else email me at [email protected]

thank you in advance in any help you can post for me to fix this problem , really hate not having my radio

None of what i've done is taped , this is the factory tape ... but thanks guess when i can get it into my friends shop i can dig into it and see if i can find it.

You Might try checking under the carpet on the driver side. I had a wire grounding and my radio and dome lights didnt work. Check to see if there are any wires grounding underneath there, hope I could be of some help

Well after two days of tracing wires and beating a hasta dead. I found it after reading more post here last night. Trouble was the wires that run under the carpet on the drivers side. It had just about caught on :flame: by the looks of things, ended up having to replace 12 diff wires. Though i had 6 i wasn't sure about two pinks, two blacks, and two yellows. So i just took a guess at them, most everything works now. Locks , windows, radio and stuff. Drivers windows controls works all the windows, Pass side front controls work now, Rear controls for drivers and pass side don't work , but can be rolled down fron the front drivers. but hey i don't sit back there anyway :laugh3: .

Heres a few pics of the wires i pulled out
100_0482.jpg

and heres a close up

100_0486.jpg

At lease now i got my radio back :party:

Since I work at a dealer I'd love to help you out, but the service manuals for '93 Jeeps are missing and DealerConnect doesn't carry anything but TSBs for any Chrysler vehicle earlier than '96 :banghead:

Back