• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj disc swap

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
heres the question now i just got all the parts needed for this swap but i havent really tore into it yet i bought the calipers that have the caliper brackets already on them should these just bolt right on to my D30? and also i did the yj brake line swap will those brake hoses still fit on the new 99 calipers? thanks for the help -eric

these are for the front?

Need more year specific info,you might be in for quite a suprise!Are you talking about ZJ or WJ front brakes?

ok well i have a 95 xj and i want to do the 99 4.0 grand cherokee front brake swap. now i was just woundering if i have the caliper brackets for the 99 calipers do i still have to fab up a bracket still of are they gonna "bolt on" and i also have the yj front hoses on my xj now.. will the hoses fit on that caliper? i have a d30 on my xj

GirlScout1 said:
I'm about 99% sure you will also need the knuckles fromm the Wj to do the swap
make that 100% sure

There's a fair amount of good info on the web about the WJ swap.
I recently posted some links on this thread
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75157
It ain't brain surgery, but it's still pretty involved and requires some cutting and welding on your axle. Also, you may have fit problems with 15" rims or rims with lots of backspace (4.5"+), my MT Challengers just barely clear the Teves calipers.

Easiest path is to just suck it up and buy all the JKS stuff - OAB, spacers, tie rod and drag link and jam nuts, get OEM WJ TRE's and some RE or ProComp brake hoses. Kevin's has JKS stuff at an ok discount.

Back