• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

duplicolor rocker guard application

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
just figured i'd ask. i'm in my basement sandblasting my rocker guards and after that i would like to spray them with duplicolor bedliner. the instructions say it should be done between 68deg and 80deg or close to that.

my basement is only 51deg. what would happen if i went ahead and sprayed anyways. would it just take longer to cure, or could there be other problems???

just wondering if anybody knew.

scorpio_vette said:
just figured i'd ask. i'm in my basement sandblasting my rocker guards and after that i would like to spray them with duplicolor bedliner. the instructions say it should be done between 68deg and 80deg or close to that.

my basement is only 51deg. what would happen if i went ahead and sprayed anyways. would it just take longer to cure, or could there be other problems???

just wondering if anybody knew.

Might not cover as well or cure as quick ...

get the can room temp and spray them just shake the can inbetween coats to make sure its mixed good

take the rock rails upstairs overnight so the metal gets warm. Will help with the coverage.

I would recommend using Herculiner as opposed to Duplicoclor. That Duplicolor stuff seems to peel and flake off almost like rubber undercoating. If you must use Duplicolor apply many thin coats.

CMNCHE said:
I would recommend using Herculiner as opposed to Duplicoclor. That Duplicolor stuff seems to peel and flake off almost like rubber undercoating. If you must use Duplicolor apply many thin coats.

Thats a HUGE X2 on that one!!

I did my sliders/bumpers in the duplicrap stuff and if your scratched it, it didnt just scratch....it came off in sheets....despite a REALLY good prep job.

Back