• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UpCountry Cherokee Height

The common belief is that the Upcountry package sits about 1" higher than the non Upcountry due to higher rate springs. Personally, I cant see the difference.

I have the Up-Country package on my XJ and it does in fact stand about 1" taller than a stock XJ. The spring rate is a bit firmer also.

sjan said:
Thanks Mambeu & Ray H I Was Thinking Of Getting Some Upcountry Springs Don't Seem Worth It
If you're looking for just an inch, and considering that the last time I checked Quadratec the leaf packs were the same for standard and "heavy duty" (UpCountry), I'd get the UpCountry packs.

The quadratec heavy duty's definately do not give an inch lift. Maybe 1/4 inch.
Actually they were the exact same leaves/free arch as the original springs on my 96 sport, so there may not be a lift at all except that they fixed the sag.

sjan said:
Thanks Mambeu & Ray H I Was Thinking Of Getting Some Upcountry Springs Don't Seem Worth It
probly not
if the springs are more than a couple years old they may have settled nearly inch anyway

Back