• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 non HO to 4.0 HO

hockeyplurr

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I did search but couldnt really find the answer I needed.

Im getting a parts Jeep for free from a buddy, everything is fine except the damage from the roll over. Its a '91 with the 4.0 HO. I have an '89 with the 4.0 non HO. Is this swap a direct bolt on?? Will stuff need to be fabbed changed?? Is the wiring much different??

Not to sound like an ass but this topic is covered weekly. In short, the wiring is the major issue but you can just bolt your old intake and exhaust manifold up to the 91+ engine and not have to change the wiring. The only problem is you have to drill a hole for the knock sensor. I'm sure you will get more people to respond to it but you're going to get told you didn't search enough. Anyway hope this gets the thread started anyway.
-Collin

you can just bolt your old intake and exhaust manifold up to the 91+ engine and not have to change the wiring

SPOBI!!!

The Renix to HO intake swap is not a direct bolt-up...

intake ports were raised on the HO...

light fabbing involved to make them match up

Back