• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what no 4ways?

crofoot

NAXJA Forum User
Went to save brother with dead battery last night and had to park in street to jump him took my just bought 89 waggoner 4.0 auto and could not find flashers. Hard to beleave there are none but Isure don't see them.Can't complain for 150 bucks. all stock,no dents,runs@drives fine now.

It has to have flashers, your just not finding the switch.

On my '95 the switch is on top of the steering column, a little black plastic prong sticking up, push it down and it pops up higher and turns on the flashers. Push it down again, and the flasher stay off. Like the button on a ball point pen.

On the 89, I think you'll find it on the underside of the column, to the right. Just like in most Chevvies.

Push in for "ON," pull out for "OFF." It's a GM column.

If the switch isn't working, the flasher may be toast. It's part number #552 (or equivalent electronic unit,) and it's the work of 10 seconds to change it. There are two down on the fuze block - one for normal turn indicators, one for hazzard warning flashers. I don't quite recall which is which - so turn on the indicator and see which one's clicking. The hazzard warning flasher will be the other one.

5-90

5-90 said:
On the 89, I think you'll find it on the underside of the column, to the right. Just like in most Chevvies.

Push in for "ON," pull out for "OFF." It's a GM column.

If the switch isn't working, the flasher may be toast. It's part number #552 (or equivalent electronic unit,) and it's the work of 10 seconds to change it. There are two down on the fuze block - one for normal turn indicators, one for hazzard warning flashers. I don't quite recall which is which - so turn on the indicator and see which one's clicking. The hazzard warning flasher will be the other one.

5-90

thats where mine is on my 90 GM column

thanks 5-90 i think i know why mine dont work now :laugh3:

Mine is an '89 Ltd. and the switch is just as described on the right side of the column near the ignition.

Back