• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have joined the.....

I

imma honky

NO SPARK CLUB!
Thank you....Thank you....
first I would like to thank, well, ummm, no-one!
Seriously, I read the other threads about no spark, so im gonna do the tests and see what happens.
Up until now, I haven't had any problems.
The fuel pump is working, there is gas, oil, new plugs/wires/dist. cap (as of NOV 03'). It cranks but will not turn over.
I am gonna check the CPS later on today. What else should I look for. If it is out, whats it gonna cost me to replace? TIA!

UPDATE!
I don't what the hell was up with it. But after 4 hours of trying and NOT getting it to start.......Bam!.....its running. It is even holding rpms better than before. I didn't even do anything except let it sit so I could calm down...... Any explanations?

Yup...take the "coil" off the coil assembly and clean the silver contact posts on the coil, also clean the brushes on the coil holder.

Had the same thing happen.

Rev

Was it warm? If so it could be a CPS (When mine hit it wouldn't run when warm but would work flawlessly when cold, would go perfect for a few weeks, just long enough to make me think I fixed it, then die again)

Sequoia

Im assuming you mean warm weather? It had been sitting since yesterday around 3 pm. Its been in the mid 90's here, and it sits partially in the sun, but this has never effected it before....

the CPS will run you about $43 from the dealer... i have a brand new one i never installed cause im scrapping the truck.. $40 shipped to you.... pm me if ya want it....
mike

when my xj got warm it would stall, i couldn't get it to start til it
cooled. somedays i would have no problems at all. then i stalled on ice and slid for a tree there it sat for days checked everything still nothing pulled the ignition module, and had it checked at my local autozone. test failed replaced module and fired right up.

Back