• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about Old Man Emu AAL w JC1A Springs

crazy-apes

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,

I just installed the OME JC1A rear leaf springs and am very happy with the ride. My question is directed to those who have added the OME JCXL fitted leaf to their system. How did it effect the ride? How much lift was gained? I am looking for .5-.75 inches of lift as well as the extra load capacity for a large dog and family of 4 camping gear on the roof.

Thank you,

Curtis

I would like to know the answer to this question too. I have the JC1A springs too and I need to get the rear end up higher.

I ran both the plain leaf pack, and one with the JCXL.

I felt that the ride was better with the AAL, and it leveled out the rear as I had a bumper/tire carrier and about 400# of gear ini the back.

I was very pleased with it, and would do it againi if I ran OME.

I have the OME spring pack and then added the OME extra leaf into the pack. I never ran it with just the springs, but with the AAL and springs it raised my rear by 3.5". The ride is firm, but good. I have a heavy bumper w/spare tire carrier on the rear.
I did F&R springs, and SYE with degree shims, and run 31" tires on stock alum. rims.
In the front are OME Grandcherokee coils, plus 1.75" spacer; heavy front bumper w/winch.
Talk to Dirk @ DPG.

I must agree. I did also add the AAL to my OME springs to even the lift from front to back. It worked, AND gave me better towing capability with almost no squat at all. (I pull a slant two Featherlite horse trailer with Quarter horses and/or Arabians on a regular basis, and a car trailer with various offroad vehicles on it when called upon.) I also like the firmer feel when bookin the riverbed trails with the back end flyin around everywhere. Wheee!

Back