• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking Brake Master Cylinder?

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
This is probably a question with an obvious answer, but my brake booster has had a vacuum leak for quite a while now near the rod that attaches to the pedal lever. I'm finally getting around to replacing it and noticed a bunch of tags, well, two actually, that mention the warranty is voided if the master cylinder is leaking. I've got the old booster off and there is fluid about half an inch deep in the bottom of the canister. Is it safe to assume that I'd better be ordering a master cylinder while everythings apart? Or is a little fluid normal? The fluid is dark in color, not like the transparent brown like the fluid in the resevior.

You need to order both. They come already assembled together so you won't have to worry about adjusting the push rod that goes into the master cylinder. There shouldn't be any fluid in the booster. The leaking master is probably what caused the booster to fail.

Kyung

It's a fact that brake fluid and the diaphgram in the booster do not play well together....

Back