• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newb doing a tranny swap

blue_flip

NAXJA Forum User
BA-10 to AX-15 slave problems

ok so i just got my first XJ, and i swapped my BA-10 (pugeot) for the AX-15.
After tons of headaches i have it all together now, i used the slave/master combo from the same vehicle and now it won't get into gear. It is like the actuator pin on the slave won't go far enough to hit the clutch itself. Has anyone alse encountered this problem I need this car on the road to be able to get to work.

Please help me, and i need help getting a transfer case shift linkage. I cant find them any where.

PS i know about the step by step article on the net on how one guy did it and that is what i used to do this. But he didn't run into this problem.

Last edited:
If your slave cylinder isn't actuating properly, try bleeding it. The one piece master/slave combo is notoriously tough to bleed properly. Instructions can be found here:

http://www.quadratec.com/pdf/slave_cylinder.pdf

If that doesn't help, then I suspect an issue with master or slave cylinder. Or the fork for the throwout bearing (the lever the slave cyl is trying to push in) isn't seated on the pivot properly. If you remove the slave cyl, try sticking a bar (end of ratchet or whatever) and pushing on the throwout bearing lever. It should take very little movement of the lever to feel the TO bearing touch the clutch fingers and you should be able to somewhat "push" in the clutch. If that checks out, then I'd say the lever is ok and your issue is in the master/slave somewhere.

I went with a novak transfer case shifter ... I think it was about $100.00 and did away with the z linkage B.S. works great
Check them novak-adapt.com.
Sorry ... can't help you with the ax 15 although I do have a couple ... never had trouble with them.

k

Back