• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ blower motors...

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
...will not fit into 96- XJs. And I highly doubt anyone will find this thread useful but if anyone was thinking about getting one at a junkyard like I did...don't. I thought at first it was going to work because of several reasons. ..
A. It had the same physical shape, size, etc.
B. The bolt holes LOOKED the exact same, which they kinda sorta are.
C. I was very convinced once I noticed the squirrel cage was the same dimensions also.
There are several problems however. The 97+ ones have the bolt supports out on arms, meaning they are further out than the old ones. And...the actual body of the motor is just a little bit smaller which means it won't fill the hole. I'm sure I also would have run into electrical problems because I think the 97+'s have a built in resistor although the one at the junkyard had some glass tube looking thing sticking into the ducts about where the 96-'s have the resistor. So anyway dammit, meh, %#^* and all those words. Oh and by the way the reason I was going to do this is because the 97+ ones go a lot faster, their #1 speed is like the 96-'s #4 speed. I do have a method to my madness sometimes. Anyway here's a couple pics if anyone is interested...

96- on the right.
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Back