• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift questions

ebxjbob

NAXJA Forum User
In highschool my XJ had a 5.5 inch lift but it rotted away and now in college I have a completly stock XJ but I can't take it and I need to start wheeling again. I don't want to go as high this time around so i'm looking at the 2 inch OME kit, the 2 inch RE budget boost, or maybe a 3.5 inch RE super ride or flex. I know this will be highly opinionated but what are peoples thoughts on those options? I won't be doing any hardcore extreme duty wheeling anymore and unfort. I drive more on pavement then dirt. I now the 2 inch RE BB is just add a leaf and spacer, but its real cheap. The OME is nice cause you get new leafs and full coils but its over $800, I could get 3.5 inches of lift for like $600 with the RE but i'm not sure if i'd have to start worrying about driveline angles and track bars etc at that height. Sorry for the long post... so what does everyone think?

Go for the 2" jobby. Cheap, Simple, allows for a larger size tire, less body roll, Stock XJ will do some pretty amazing things off-road already. Of course, one thing will lead to another, better lift=more time off-road=more goodies to buy for your XJ. You wanted an opinion.

cool I didn't know about the rocky road product, I liked what I read, thanks for the responses

Last edited:
Back