• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rearched springs ....

Dustinyork

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had there springs re arched?. there is a Spring and alignment center here that does re arching on saggy springs and was wondering if anyone had any experience with a set of re arched springs before . .

I'm no help to your question but To those who know please include a price.

I had my rear's re-arched when I first bought my XJ years and years ago. I don't remember the exact price, but it was over $100 at a spring shop in Sacramento. It didn't last long. I have since read about this non-lasting effect from time to time.

My personal advice would be to purchase a new set of leaf packs. To re-arch, the old pack still has to be removed, so just have a new pack swapped in instead. You can even purchase aftermarket packs with overloads (the flat non-arched, tappered bottom leaf) if you prefer.

Take it for what it is worth.

I had my Rusty's Add-a-leaf on my 96 packs re-arced. The spring shop told me the leaf that was added was NOT for this type of pack. They never specified what made it not correct and i never thought to ask at the time. But they fixed it up and added another leaf then arced 'em an inch. I showed the guy where i wanted the truck to sit (using the axle to bottom flare method) and sure enuf i brought out the tape and it was right on the money. Best part is, with a spring shop doing the work they take care of the pinion angle and set it correctly. $269cdn. My leaf packs will be built by a spring shop next time i need them. Highly recommend a visit to check it out before you decide anything.

Back