• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP: need shocks..but why not...

88'XJ

NAXJA Forum User
get the RE 2" budget boost with hte shock?

i have gone from a 3.5" super flex...to staying stock (paid $100 for hte xj) but after driving around tonight it is aparent that the drives front is shot (clunking real bad offroad, and does not rebound well when pushing on the bumper) so i ask my self...should i just do "GOOD" shocks all the way around (original shock to my knowlage...127,xxx miles) or do i just say screw it and get this http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=185 the 2" with leafs...since it comes with shocks...and its a small lift (only need 30x9's for the little offroading i do), and i'm not really worried about "ride" since this is kinda my beater (have a 99' gtp grand prix all dune up).

sorry for the rambling...any input is welcome
thanks

i think shock off of a zj or wj are longer than stock. i might also try 87 f250 shocks for the front and 81 chevy rear shock for the rear. both will accomidate approximatly 3" of lift.

ttu.or said:
i think shock off of a zj or wj are longer than stock. i might also try 87 f250 shocks for the front and 81 chevy rear shock for the rear. both will accomidate approximatly 3" of lift.

not looking to lift it...i will just replace the shocks if needed..but for the price...i can get a 2", so why not

Why spend $240 on a BB when you can get them for less. All spacers are the same, buy the cheapest set of spacers you can, and that will leave you more money for a nice set of Shocks (Rancho 9000X bilstein, ect...) Don't get me wrong, I love rubicon express for their big kits and things that require a lot of skill to design, but there's not a whole lot that goes into rubber spacers and steel blocks...

Panthers65 said:
Why spend $240 on a BB when you can get them for less. All spacers are the same, buy the cheapest set of spacers you can, and that will leave you more money for a nice set of Shocks (Rancho 9000X bilstein, ect...) Don't get me wrong, I love rubicon express for their big kits and things that require a lot of skill to design, but there's not a whole lot that goes into rubber spacers and steel blocks...

add a leafs only for me

and if you look up ranchero's...40 -50 a piece = $160-$200...for $225 more i get a "desgined" kit...so why the hell not...unless there is alot of b.s. with it like brake lines axel shimming ect...

Back