• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sunroof

howardusa

NAXJA Forum User
My 97 Cherokee country (didn't know I had an XJ till I came to this forum) came with an ABS power sunroof. When I push "vent" it opens and closes nicely but when I push "open" it does not retract into the body. There is no motor sound,no click,nothing. I'm thinking the switch is bad. The shop I have an appointment with says it could be the motor...umm..How could the motor work so well with the vent position but be not the open position? Seems logical to me that if the motor was bad it wouldn't work in any position but then again I just found out I have an XJ.
HT

Typically, a revsersible electric motor works through the switch - press the switch one way, and the current goes through "forwards," press the switch the other way, and it goes through "backwards."

I'd think if the motor was shot, it wouldn't work either way. Check the switch first - I'd say it's either got burned contacts or a wire is loose.

Welcome aboard!

5-90

5-90 said:
I'd think if the motor was shot, it wouldn't work either way. Check the switch first - I'd say it's either got burned contacts or a wire is loose.

I Agree, I had the same problem on another vehicle, it was the switch not making contact....my guess is its with the switch.

Welcome to NAXJA! :wave:

- Joe

Back