• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a Rusty's 4.5" full leaf pack lift which I'm probably going to add another 2-3" to(already have the SYE), got the Rusty's shocks with the lift and they're $30 individually so are these so cheap that they're crappy on the road?

Anyways so what are you guys running shockwise with the setup I'll be running? I'm looking to have a good on-road ride but not sacrafice anything on the trail.

rusty's shocks are OK, nothing special, not bad, just enough to get the job done.

I have a set of DT3000s which are about in the same category, but a little better than the shocks that you get in a lift kit. You are correct to get longer shocks though with higher lift.

If you want really really good shocks, go for OME, but they cost $$$. I've riden in an XJ with 4.5" RE lift, 31" SSRs and OME shocks, and it rode like a freakin cadillac I swear. It was smoother than any jeep I'd ever been in....it just wasn't even right for a jeep!!

mjma said:
rusty's shocks are OK, nothing special, not bad, just enough to get the job done.

I have a set of DT3000s which are about in the same category, but a little better than the shocks that you get in a lift kit. You are correct to get longer shocks though with higher lift.

If you want really really good shocks, go for OME, but they cost $$$. I've riden in an XJ with 4.5" RE lift, 31" SSRs and OME shocks, and it rode like a freakin cadillac I swear. It was smoother than any jeep I'd ever been in....it just wasn't even right for a jeep!!
OME, doesn't ARB sell those?

Back