• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powersteering resivoir

aduke

NAXJA Forum User
my powersteering resivoir on my 92 xj 4.o is beyond repairable. if i grab one at the junk yard from an 88 will it fit? or does anyone have a resivior kicking around they would like to sell me?

thanks

Re: powersteering reservoir

I just made the opposite change (I think it was a 92, maybe a 91 though). I changed the whole pump/reservoir assembly. The reservoirs appear to be shaped the same where they meet the pump, so I would think they would work.

I have to tell you I was much happier with the 92 reservoir arrangement for the return tube. My 89 had the return tube coming out the side (toward the airbox) jammed against the upper radiator hose. The 92 came out the back (toward the firewall) - hitting nothing.

You could always pick up the 89 resevoir, along with whatever they want to sell you (if you can return it). Try the 89, if it works, take the other back. If it doesn't - you have your alternative at hand.

Back