• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MasterCraft Seat Mounts

Cruzin Illusion

NAXJA Forum User
I just received my MasterCraft Rubicon seats today and decided instead of fabricating my own seat mounts I would just order MasterCrafts seat mounting kit. I have only seen pictures of the mounting kit and I am wondering if they are going to work in my 1987 XJ. The kit says it is for 84-96 XJ's. The problem I see is that the sliders on my 87 XJ have the rocker style seats which are not on the earlier Cherokees. Has anyone had experience with mounting MasterCraft seat on the rocker type seat tracks on the earlier XJ's. I just wondering if they are actually going to fit or am I going to have to fabricate my own?

Thanks,
Tom

i ordered the mastercraft mounting bracket kit for my '87 as well... good news is you retain all of the adjustability (front-to-back, and the rocker). bad news is, i had to cut apart & reweld the bracket and drill my own holes. would have been cheaper to buy some angle iron and make them from scratch.

I will tell ya a secret here....

Check out summitracing.com and go into clearance and they have had a crap load of jeep stuff including mastercraft seat mounts there the past month. Shocks are also going for like 1/2 off.

ROBERTK said:
I will tell ya a secret here....

Check out summitracing.com and go into clearance and they have had a crap load of jeep stuff including mastercraft seat mounts there the past month. Shocks are also going for like 1/2 off.

The brackets are a complete new mount, correct? I find it odd that no year is stated on what they will fit as there are two styles of seat mounts.

-Mike

Mike L said:
The brackets are a complete new mount, correct? I find it odd that no year is stated on what they will fit as there are two styles of seat mounts.

-Mike

Well a little more patience young grasshopper....... :lecture:

Click on application, it right under the part number towards the top mid of the page. That gives you something like this:
Results 1 - 1 of 1Page 1 of 1
MakeJEEPModelCHEROKEEBeginning Year1984Ending Year1996Doors4-door

All thier parts are new. Just click application to get the exact fitment of most thier parts. Shipping is Free and no sales tax for cali....... got to love it...

The question I am asking is I have an 87 with Rocker style seats and the newer XJ like a 93 have flat sliders. How can the seat mount adapters work on both the rocker style seat sliders and the flat seat sliders?

ROBERTK said:
Well a little more patience young grasshopper....... :lecture:

Click on application, it right under the part number towards the top mid of the page. That gives you something like this:
Results 1 - 1 of 1Page 1 of 1
MakeJEEPModelCHEROKEEBeginning Year1984Ending Year1996Doors4-door

All thier parts are new. Just click application to get the exact fitment of most thier parts. Shipping is Free and no sales tax for cali....... got to love it...

An FYI but that 84 and the 96 mounts are ENTIRELY different..................

-Mike

well it looks like they got that directly from mastercraft? As per the mastercraft catalog:

XJ Cherokee Kit: '84-'02 Specify Driver, Passenger or Both '84-'96 Universal, $54.99 ea. '97-'02 Universal, $59.95 ea.
mount-tj-lg.jpg

it does look like its not a slider though. But on my PRP's I did they were added on top of the mounts...

Back