• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cure For Inch-itis...

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Only one thing can cure inchitis... more lift. So........

Added an RE shackle and front spacer to my almost 2 year old RE6030 (3.5 Superflex) A little 'trimmin' and I can sell off the baby 31's and get my 33 BFG MT's Whatcha think all?

front.jpg

rear.jpg

side.jpg

Looks good Rocketman. What else do you have done?

Pretty much all the main engine mods, K&N + air tube, 62mm bored throttle body, JCR Offroad front bumper, custom rear tire carrier rear bumper, Performance Metalworks door armor, AJ's Super Rock Rails. OME shocks, Rusty's TC drop, extended slip yoke, need to shim to get my 8.25 at a better angle but no major vibes at any speed. ALL synthetic fluids, Mobil 1 oil, and diffs, Royal Purple Max ATF (Dex III equiv) Lubelocker diff seals. Added the Royal after a tranny flush with the BG machine. BEST THING you can do for an older AW4. Next steps will be a tranny cooler and a new floor pan and then the vinyl molded carpet after a layer of Damplifier heat/sound deadener. AA SYE and a High Angle Driveline DS. Then I can lose the TC drop.

Looks pretty good, but are you going to adjust your control arms again? The front tires look a little far back in the wheel well.

Probably... at least when it stuffs, they move forward. But adjustable uppers and lowers sound like a plan.

I'd have to regear first for 35's. Have 3.55 gears would like 4.10's but 4.56's would be better for 35's. Otherwise I'd be bringing an early demise to my tranny and diffs. EVENTUALLY... all things to those who wait.

Kejtar said:
I think that I see 4:1 in someone's future :D Why not lookd for a D44 though? or an 8.8?

XJ D44's are an easy find, and they bolt right up. Then you could go 4.88's. When I had my 8.25 I regeared to 4.56 with my 35's. I wish I would have gotten my 44 first. Then I would have went to 4.88's

you say you dont want to run 35's on stock gears...but 33's your fine with? Do it right and get a 44, gear down 4.88 and run 35's, youl thank your self later

NO Matt, Momma reading the bank statements!! :rattle:

I think next mods in order (BEFORE 33's) are:

Tranny Cooler
SYE and DS
Regear to 4.56 and a locker in the rear
Adjustable or longer LCA/UCA's
THEN go to 35's. Why spend on rubber I'm going to want to replace in a year!

Last edited:
Back