• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolant in vacuum acculator ?

rupert

NAXJA Forum User
whys is there coolant in my canister , i took it off to do my front bumper and i noticed it was full of what seems like coolant , why would this be ?

Re: coolant in vacuum accumulator ?

:laugh3: Just a WAG but maybe somebody hooked up a windshield washer line to the vacuum circuit.
Do your washers work, do your heater air controls work (heat to the floor and the windshield or the vent position)?

Your heater conrol valve is vacuum operated. My guess is the diaphragm has a leak in it and coolant is getting sucked back into the system, stopping at the vacuum bottle.

Re: coolant in vacuum accumulator ?

u know i just picked this thing up , and i dont really know if all that stuff works , just using it as a trail rig and never reallyu bothered to see . i was just surprised when i took the accumalator off it was full of fluid and it was green , wasnt about to taste it if it was coolant or not lol .

John90XJ's possiblity sounds likely, one of the vacuum lines (from the cannister) is sucking fluid from someplace, probably one of the smaller lines or a vacuum actuator, the large vacuum line from the canister goes straight to the intake. The vacuum lines aren't that complicated, it's just that many are hard to get too.
Just about the time you think you've heard it all, somebody comes up with a new one. :wave:
You can usually tell coolant from the slippery feeling or the smell, if you do taste it, it's sweet :laugh3: .

whats wront with the ole ethelyne glycol taste test

Its no worse for your kidneys than the rock gut stuff most of the guys drink around here anyway :laugh3:

Back