• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey Bones?

Christopher

NAXJA Forum User
Just out of curiosity sake how long would you estimate it took for the entire ABS conversion? I should be getting all the stuff from a '96 tomarrow and am just wondering how much time I should anticipate spending on this project as I have a trip comming up next week. Thx.

The big stuff isn't too bad. Just cut away the ABS lines from pump to accumulator and back but be careful of the accumulator. It is very high pressure. Bleed off the brake fluid pressure well. The ABS stuff doesn't give too big a fight coming out. You will need something to plug the holes in the floor by the ABS computer when you remove the rear sensor wires. I used 10 ml test tube red rubber stoppers. I figured they would go bad quickly, but I have been running the same set for about 3 years now.
It's the little things that get you. I found some rust on the firewall behind the modulator so I sanded and repainted it. I also had to fabricate a new gasket between the booster and the firewall because the original stuff was shot. Get a good double flare tool (loan type will work with practice). The reroute of the brake lines is the most time consuming I think. I used the brake lines to the left front and rear from the donor and only had to rework the right front brake line. Though I would not advocate using used brake lines it worked well for me.
All in all I would budget one day for the project. I did mine plus installed a D44 in less than a day without a welder.

Bones :skull1:
NAXJA #6

Back