• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thermostat housing temp sensor?

aduke

NAXJA Forum User
i was just putting a thermostat in my 92 4.0 xj. its about 20 degrees out and i manadged to drop the thermostat housing and crack it. i have a housing of a 90' laying around. i might just slap it on. b/c advance, autozone and napa dont carry thermostat housing. im gonnna get one at a junk yard. so if i need to move my jeeep around town real quick is that alright to leave the front temp sensor disconected? what does this sensor do?

aduke said:
i was just putting a thermostat in my 92 4.0 xj. its about 20 degrees out and i manadged to drop the thermostat housing and crack it. i have a housing of a 90' laying around. i might just slap it on. b/c advance, autozone and napa dont carry thermostat housing. im gonnna get one at a junk yard. so if i need to move my jeeep around town real quick is that alright to leave the front temp sensor disconected? what does this sensor do?
Might not run with the right mixture, but the computer should default to a predetermined value so it can run. Probably wouldn't pass an emmisions test, but it should run so you can go get a new T-stat housing.

Back