• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

From a 9" drum to a 10" drum

mwm

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped some 4cly diffs onto my XJ with 4.10s but my braking sucks now. I have all new pads wheel cylinders, rotors, drums ect.. Do i need a diffrent master cylinder or something if i go from a 9" drum to a 10" drum

I took it in and got them to do my ebrake and brakes all around and i miswell have just bent over the counter and saved myself some time......Mechanics are theifs and ill leave it at that

Bleed the brakes good and when your done bleeding them, bleed them some more, then repeat the process. You dont need a different master cyl or prop valve. You should drive easy on new pads and shoes for a few miles before heating them up good though. Dont go out and lay on them to test them like most people do. New shoes and pads heat up really easy and will glaze a set of rotors or drums in a heartbeat. If youve already done this, pull the rotors and drums off and sand them with sandpaper real good then put them back on and take it easy on them for 50 or 60 miles.

Back