• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Y Link question

comancheon33

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got the belly pan on my MJ for my TNT Y Link kit. Now it is time to start cutting the lower mounts off and getting the new arms on. Here is where I have a question for the guys that have their kit on already. I am installing 7.5 coils and I am wondering what to do with the long arms. Has anyone else installedat this before? I am thinking of adjusting the length of them a bit. I want to try and keep the wheels centered in the opening. Has someone else done this? If so how far out did you go? Thanks in advance for your help.

I am not sure on the wheel base but on the XJ it's about 101.5". If you haven't done anything yet but install the belly pan then I would measure your wheel base and see what it sits at. Then put on all the springs/long arms and adjust from there. My experience with lifting is you need to find a compromise between castor and pinion angle. Hope this helps.

Also try to search or contact TnT and ask them about what the arms sholuld be set at. Rock Yacht and ask him. He is the go-to guy here for TnT.

GirlScout1 said:
I am not sure on the wheel base but on the XJ it's about 101.5". If you haven't done anything yet but install the belly pan then I would measure your wheel base and see what it sits at. Then put on all the springs/long arms and adjust from there. My experience with lifting is you need to find a compromise between castor and pinion angle. Hope this helps.

Also try to search or contact TnT and ask them about what the arms sholuld be set at. Rock Yacht and ask him. He is the go-to guy here for TnT.

Def. contact Bob aka. Rock Yacht since he is one of the partners of TnT. You def. need to get you WB before the lift and that will tell you were to set you Lowers at. I think (not poss.) but the MJ and XJ should have the same measurements from the belly pan to the axle if so I can measure mine tomorrow and let you know.

I would measure mine but I already have 5.5 on the short arms. I can already see the tire is moved tooward the rear a pretty fair amount. If you measure yours for me I think that would be very helpful. I planned on calling Bob but thought I would try to see what others have tried and worked for them and what didn't. Thanks again

you should not have to consider wheel base before the lift. trim as much as you can install all components springs and links set caster/u-joint angle ballpark. then cycle the suspension, at full stuff adjust the arms so the tire being stuffed is centered in the wheel well.

I just finished my install. Im running about 6.5-7" until things settle. I set mine back up to the stock wheel base. 101.5". You have the adjustability to push it out an additional 2" if you want to.

Bob will help you out with anything you need to know. He will also tell you that there is no compromise when it comes to setting caster. 6.5* period. I set mine up that way and have terrible driveshaft vibes. I will be trying a compromise now. Im gonna try 5* and see what happens.

Aaron

99xjache said:
He will also tell you that there is no compromise when it comes to setting caster. 6.5* period. I set mine up that way and have terrible driveshaft vibes. I will be trying a compromise now. Im gonna try 5* and see what happens.

Aaron

Bob installed my Y-link setup, and upon checking it my caster is at 4.8 deg. Drives fine, no vibes at 7" lift.

Dan C

Back