• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-18/D20tcase in to 2.5L xj???

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
If I had a 2.5 l xj stickshift that I wanted to change over to 4x4 and I have a t-18/dana 20 tcase in a 1975 F-100...Is there a jeep cps bellhousing I could use? Or even one that would work and I could use a cps relocation kit? Its a little shorter set up than ax15/231 I compared it to...and I thought the granny low would be nice...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320985&highlight=t-18

From reading some the T-176 or T-150 bellhousing (from a 6 cyl CJ) will work in bolting up a ford T-18 to the 258...so mating it to the 4 bngr shouldn;t be too hard you just need the right bellhousing and clutch. YOu may have to call novak or advance as well to figure out clutches etc. ALSO I read where parts mike has helped a few folks getting the T-18 into a CJ so it stands to reason he can help putting one behind the 2.5L

What the hell you planning now? Too many projects my friend...finish one before you start another. :) LOL

I've got to start printing out threads and leaving them on the dash of the project heeps so that I wont have to ask questions when I get around to them...there is just so much potential all around at the shop it drives me crazy not to do SOMETHING new...did I mention the friend I have with the short wheel base isuzu cab over is almost done getting his parts off it? Guess I really need to finish repairing mine and the wifes xj's first???

I wonder if that trans is too heavy???

I don't think the weight is a huge issue overall. Gear spacing might be a bit wide, I usually like narrower gearing for 4 cyls..

You should be able to find a bellhousing to work. The Jeep 2.5 is the common GM 60 degree V6 pattern, so something from a V6 camaro that went to a T-5 might be adaptable with some hole drilling. Or might even be a steel lakewood scattershield out there. Just need to mount your sensor for reading the flywheel..

Back