• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Retreads

I'm running a set of 265x75R16 muds. It took a lot of weights to balance them and after a year they required rebalancing. I've got about 25,000 miles on them and the tread is getting thin for an m/t. I'll have to replace them soon. They perfomed well when they were new. They are cheap, but I won't buy another set. The main reason is that you can get double the life out of a set of BFG or Goodyear tires. When you add up the costs of two sets of retreads plus installation and rebalancing, it's cheaper in the long run to get the non-retreads.

i have 31" retreads with green diamonds. about 7-8K on them. they are great. heavy tire tho. balanced good. kinda loud at first. i havnt kept track of the wear, but they appear to still have a ton of life left.

i haven't ran them but i have done a lot of research and i have yet to hear anything really bad. the one or two stories ive heard with premature failure involved ended well w/ a fast and free replacement. however, i've tried to order 33x12.50's twice and the second time i did order with only a 1 month wait, but it ended up going longer (2-3) so i had to cancel my order. The owner was also not willing to give me any sort of discount for taking two pairs instead of a matching set

Minus - Have fun talking to the guys at High tec. Everytime I call they can barely hear me over the LOUD machines in the background. It sounds like a machine operator had a phone by his machine and just happened to answer it. I also have a feeling that they just write my name down with my credit card on a scrap sheet of paper and hang it someplace.

Plus - friend had a tire unlaminate while sitting in the driveway. He called High tec and they sent a new tire - no questions asked.

ricksspecial015.jpg

love em. 35x12.50's. theyre soft rubber compound and hook up really good on dirt and rocks and they clean really good in mud.

Back