• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" aal on a 2000 XJ

chad

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry guys. I did some searches and couldn't come up with anything.
I have a 3" rough country lift on my 2000. It came with a full length rear add a leaf, but I was told that I couldn't use it without a SYE. So I just added some 1.5" shackles. Everything was great, but now with all the tools, gear, and full size spare that I carry in the back, it rides too low.
Do you think I can run the add a leaf without getting too much vibes on a 2000? How will it ride?
TIA
Chad

All XJ are different. Some will have vibs and some wont. Put it in and if you have vibs drop your tranny (cheapest). If you dont have vibs then your good to go. I'm at 6" in a 96 with very little vibs, but newer models are more prone to vibs, so just try it and see.

I have a 2000 XJ w/ the 242 tc and AW4 tranny, it has about 3.5" in the rear from an RE AAL. I had vibe sthat I couldn't shim out. A transfer case drop didn't sound like a good idea becaus eit puts stress on mounts ahead of the transfer case mount. I had to get an SYE for it.

-Chris

Thanks, I think that's what I'll do. As far as dropping the t-case, on mine there's one bolt and one short stud w/ a nut on each side of the cross member. How do I drop it with this set up? All the drop kits I've seen have four bolts.
Thanks again,
Chad

I had to weld a nut onto the stud to get it out and then I replaced it with the bolts that came. Just do whatever it takes to get the studs out and then use the 4 new bolts.

I agree with Chuck D.

I ran a Tcase drop for 3 months while waiting to do my SYE. Dandy band aid fix if you're low on $$.

Back