• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CA Smog ??

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
Since my long term Jeep is a 69 and smog exempt I haven't played that game for a while. BUT, my new to me 95 XJ needs to be smogged. With 207k on the clock I'm wondering what I'm in for. The PO replaced all the smog stuff at 190k so how bad can it be?? My biggest concern is the lack of auto shifting. I haven't solved what I think is a CPU problem yet. It drives fine manually but will the CPU thing cause me problems smogging it? I think they run them on a dyno or something nowadays.
gregg

Do you have a CEL/MIL lit? You might want to go to AutoBone and get a code reader (rent or buy) to make sure there aren't any codes thrown. However, since A/T shifting usually isn't an emissions issue, I'd think you'd be fine - but I can't swear to it.

The nice thing about RENIX - no codes! Also, I tell them it's converted to AWD, so they don't put it on the dyno, either...

"Who are the Air Police?"

5-90

Back