• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting M.I.T. SYE kit

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I have just fitted a MIT SLE kit and found that I had a clip ring (circlip) that I chose to leave out. It was the one between the yoke and the bearing. Didn't look as if it should be there. It was on the factory shaft. What do you think.

I don't think it's supposed to go back on. It's there to hold the shaft/bearing in line with each other. Your new yoke is secured to the inner race of the bearing, so everything should be fine.

xjdavid1 said:
I have just fitted a MIT SLE kit and found that I had a clip ring (circlip) that I chose to leave out. It was the one between the yoke and the bearing. Didn't look as if it should be there. It was on the factory shaft. What do you think.
Hey David, did you take photos of exactly what for in the kit for me?

xjdavid1 said:
Unfortunately I didnt take any photos but it was fairly easy to do. Just had to be careful to make sure the oil pickup is connected.
I was only after one of the kit itself. Does that one come with a replacement speedo housing or just a seal housing that bolts to the old one? Is anything done to the shaft apart from shortening it and putting a thread on the end of it?

It reuses the same speedo housing. The shaft appears to be builtup and resplined as the factory one doesnt have enough spline on it. Think I remember reading something to that effect somewhere on the web.

Back