• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubbing... Could use some help

Trbocharg

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i have a 97 xj with 31 BFG mud terrains a Black diamond 3'' lift and Warn transfer case drop kit. I am pretty new to all this and this is my first jeep so you guys have to give me a little break. I recently installed jks quick discos and at full flex the front tire is rubbing into the metal under the stock fender flare. Its not rubbing bad but enough to get me nervous and bend a little sheet metal. I really dont want to do any trimming and I would like to know what my options are? I know i can install bump stops but instead of installing stops would lifting the truck higher using adjustable coil spacers and shackles stop the rubbing? What is the better way to go? I know whats the cheaper way but I really think i could use the extra lift...

put spacers + shackles, it will fix your problem, it will help your rear flex better, buy your articulation in front will still be at 3", as soon as you lift it up more, be ready to install SYE+DS+Shims. Every XJ seems to be different in that manner, good luck. HTH

forgot to mention bumpstops:)

Thanks for the replys.. I guess im def going to need bumpstops. Its just now that i have finally got some good articulation i feel pretty awful having to limit it.
Also thanks Tim_MN for the Link to that page, It really helped me to understand the basics behind XJ suspension.

Trbocharg said:
Thanks for the replys.. I guess im def going to need bumpstops. Its just now that i have finally got some good articulation i feel pretty awful having to limit it.
Also thanks Tim_MN for the Link to that page, It really helped me to understand the basics behind XJ suspension.
Better to limit the travel than to break something. Remeber a lift helps give you room to articulate as well as get you off the ground. Bumpstops are the way to go. I know I still need to slap some pucks in the bottom of the perch soon as well as put on my limiting straps.

Back