• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much to have d.s extended

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Need to have a front driveshaft extended so I can use it in the rear.If it's too much I'll just go with a tom woods shaft.How much can I expect to spend on having a d.s extended at a driveline shop?It's 6.00pm here and all the shops are closed,otherwise I would call and find out myself......
Thanks.

For me it's 80-90 to have it cut and balanced. Still cheaper than a new shaft.

cut and balanced is not extending it though. ;)

How good of condition is the shaft in? It's usually worth paying the money for a new shaft if you can afford it, just to not have it be worn out in six weeks.

That was my point. Besides, why do you need it extended? Why not get a proper front shaft to put in the rear. I just picked one up at the bone yard for $15. You might even be able to get a later model one at a parts house for around the same as having it extended.

cal said:
cut and balanced is not extending it though. ;)

How good of condition is the shaft in? It's usually worth paying the money for a new shaft if you can afford it, just to not have it be worn out in six weeks.
The proper term would be "re-tubed and balanced",cost me $80.

jeepdeepfreak said:
I have a 5 speed so it's not a direct bolt in like on an auto...not to mention a 5.5" lift.

Gotcha.

Back