• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 Grand Cherokee 8.25 Axle Shafts with locker swap to my 93 Xj with factory lsd

BEVAN

NAXJA Forum User
01 Grand Cherokee 8.25 Axle Shafts & locker swap to my 93 Xj with factory LSD?

a friend of mine has a locker in his 01 ZJ and is having trouble selling it with the click,click,click when turning...and wants to trade, I talked him into trading the shafts (29 spline) as well :)

Will this all work ???

BEVAN said:
01 Grand Cherokee 8.25 Axle Shafts & locker swap to my 93 Xj with factory LSD?

a friend of mine has a locker in his 01 ZJ and is having trouble selling it with the click,click,click when turning...and wants to trade, I talked him into trading the shafts (29 spline) as well :)

Will this all work ???

really depends on what kind of axle you have...

Man just get his hole axle.I am looking on getting one from a zj and getting lift coils and four linking the rear.

It was priced quit cheap from savage parts around here.

A few problems here.

01 Grands never had 8.25"s.

01 Grands have wider axles then XJs

01 Grands are WJs

01 Grands had optional Dana Vari-lok LSDs which are good for the road and occational offroading, but not wheeling.

--Matt

egon said:
A few problems here.

01 Grands never had 8.25"s.

01 Grands have wider axles then XJs

01 Grands are WJs

01 Grands had optional Dana Vari-lok LSDs which are good for the road and occational offroading, but not wheeling.

--Matt

Really,huh.:anon:

I was told it did... thanks for clearing that up and not leting me find out the hard way...:gag:

BEVAN said:
Mine is a 8.25 also

XJs came with 8 1/4s and Dana 35s (87-89s could have D44s). 99-04 Grands could have either Dana 35s or Dana 44As, but are slightly wider and use a kind of 3 link (2 lowers, one upper A-arm, and no track bar). Not worth trying to put it under your XJ.

--Matt

Back