• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Cherokee's

KP60

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy all, I found this site last week and I have been learning info since then. I have a question about a '99 Cherokee sport. I am looking for a vehicle for my daughter and I have found a 99 sport 4.0, auto, and I would like any info on this model year I should be looking for. The paint is very good as the interior, there are some things I have noticed already. The fog lights dont work as well as the rear wiper, are this on the same circuit? There is a small exaust leak but I cant locate it (Iam taking it to a buddy that has a lift tomorow to get it up in the air) to see if it is the exaust manifold or something else. It has 114,000mi on it and drives very good, nothing loose in the steering or noisy in the drive train. Any other info would be a help. Great site here. Thanks.

The switch for the driving lights (fog lights) often goes bad, the dealer has a replacement switch with something added to the wiring to help prevent it from going out. Pretty common.

I have a '99 sport with 90k and I love it. The power window lock switch is bad on mine, but that was the only electrical problem I found. What are your/her plans for the Jeep? If you're considering larger tires, I'd recommend the Chrysler 8.25 rear axle, found on non-abs models. One more note, when you examine the exhaust, the small hole in the muffler facing the front is supposed to be there.

Love mine to death 88k owned for 4 years now and only have had to do oil changes, diff and fluid changes as for regular stuff like bearings and brakes (rotors finally went!). my power window regulator/units whatever they are called went dead and that was an easy fix... interior has held up really well...cant beat a 4.0L...everything else though has been modified. I feel really safe in mine and my friends stock sport which has seen good amounts of abuse still rolls so how much again was the asking price? I know around here in Atl a 99 with 50-60 k will go for around 5900-6900 or less depending on shape. limited model with leather a little more. just dont let the T-case run dry (doh)! make sure and seals dont leak and fluids are proper. brakes too if you have that lift. i really like the 4 speakers too. anyways....

Thanks for the advice. She will not be doing any major off roading with it, just snow and some dirt roads so it will most likely be kept stock. The asking price is $6700.00 but we will deal on that. Its a non-abs but I havent looked under it yet, the other ones I have checked out were non-abs but had the d35 rear in them. BTW my daughter is having a baby in late March early April so this is a replacement for the ford ranger pickup so she has a four door vehicle and something bigger to load all the baby stuff. Again Thanks for the good advice.

Back