• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odometer Reads "no bus"

Helltech4x4

NAXJA Forum User
My odometer on my 2000 will randomly read "no bus". it started just with that, now when it reads "no bus" the engine light will come on and all the guages will go to as if the jeep was off . the check guage light does not come on when all the guages die just the engine light. If i turn the jeep off and then on again it will go away. It will come back randomly say about every 2 weeks or soo

Helltech4x4 said:
My odometer on my 2000 will randomly read "no bus". it started just with that, now when it reads "no bus" the engine light will come on and all the guages will go to as if the jeep was off . the check guage light does not come on when all the guages die just the engine light. If i turn the jeep off and then on again it will go away. It will come back randomly say about every 2 weeks or soo

usually means there is a problem in thee engine management computer.....search and you will find a bunch of threads about it

Connection at the back of the gauge cluster. My 2000 does it randomly in the summer. You can get the fix (I believe it is a new connector) or try cleaning the connection.

Back