• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmittion Oil Cooler Line

coreys

NAXJA Forum User
I have a slight leak in my transmittion oil cooler line. I have the new line but it looks like it takes a special tool to remove the old one. Does anyone know whitch tool I need?

I feel your pain. I just used a cutoff wheel and VERY CARFULLY split it and pried it off. If you have a Dremel I think it would be more percise and easier. Then I just used a $.75 piece of tranny line and some clamps. As far as the tool goes, maybe NAPA might carry it though I thought they were a press-on fitting and had to be cut off.

I had the same problem when I added my OEM cooler. A special tool is needed to remove the hose clips. Thoes clips are such a pain to take off. You could cut it or do what I did and had it replaced at the dealership for like 15 bucks. You might also be able to find the tool at like Napa or atleast that was what I was told by a friend.
Alex

GirlScout1 said:
I feel your pain. I just used a cutoff wheel and VERY CARFULLY split it and pried it off. If you have a Dremel I think it would be more percise and easier. Then I just used a $.75 piece of tranny line and some clamps. As far as the tool goes, maybe NAPA might carry it though I thought they were a press-on fitting and had to be cut off.

X2 on the rubber tranny cooler line and hose clamps. I replace the rad in mine this weekend and kinked the hard aluminum line. Of course it leaked. The parts store didn't have the replacement piece. (I couldn't get the "quick connect" fitting apart anyway) So I got a pipe cutter, cut out the bad section by the radiator fitting, and got another small piece of hard line pre-flared for the radiator end, and some rubber line... cut here... splice there... wha la... good as new

Back