• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exo-cage

lil' XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering which was stronger, HALO or ARCH type cages? If you know, hwhat is your proof ? Experiance or guessing? I am about to do an exocage and I want it to be 110% safe for me & my family. An honest expierienced (sp?) answer would be greatley appreciated. THANK YOU!!!

well after doing research on the topic, talking with some engineers and such, we have determined that equally designed cages of both style are the equally as strong in a roll over

im choosing to go the halo over pillar hoop (arch as you called it) because i think it looks better, and is easier to build

lil' XJ said:
I was wondering which was stronger, HALO or ARCH type cages? If you know, hwhat is your proof ? Experiance or guessing? I am about to do an exocage and I want it to be 110% safe for me & my family. An honest expierienced (sp?) answer would be greatley appreciated. THANK YOU!!!

Well, to have an experienced answer, you'd need a couple of people with each type who had rolled theirs hard so any damage could be compared. But, even then, the overall design is more important than if it's pillar hoops or a halo, so even that wouldn't be conclusive. The size of the tubing, the type of tubing (HREW or DOM), and the quality of the welds is all part of the overall strength. I don't think it makes any difference which design you use, as long as there is triangulation and good gussets.

I can tell you that I have rolled mine fairly hard and it held up, but it's partly halo and partly pillar hoop. There is a C pillar hoop, then the halo goes forward from there to the A pillar. Mine is made from 1 1/2" HREW, except the C pillar hoop which is 1 3/4".

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I can tell you that I have rolled mine fairly hard and it held up, but it's partly halo and partly pillar hoop. There is a C pillar hoop, then the halo goes forward from there to the A pillar. Mine is made from 1 1/2" HREW, except the C pillar hoop which is 1 3/4".

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Well Well, when did this little mishap happen? I've not seen it before. Jeff

Back