• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

speedometer delay at start

corbinafly

"Mmmm. More please."
Wondering if someone can offer any suggestions here.
My speedo will not move until I reach somewhere between 10 and 15 mph. Then it suddenly jumps up to the correct reading and it's fine until I come to a complete stop again at which point the process repeats itself.
Any ideas?

Kyung

Vehicle Speed Sensor. Unless of course your Jeep doesn't have one, but we wouldn't know that unless we knew what YEAR you were asking about.

Yucca-Man said:
Vehicle Speed Sensor. Unless of course your Jeep doesn't have one, but we wouldn't know that unless we knew what YEAR you were asking about.
Doh!!:laugh3: My bad. It's a 95.

Kyung

Yup - VSS. It's the electric sensor on the t-case output. The pic below doesn't show it, but it plugs into the housing at the top left.

speedo_out.jpg

Yucca-Man said:
Yup - VSS. It's the electric sensor on the t-case output. The pic below doesn't show it, but it plugs into the housing at the top left.

speedo_out.jpg
Thanks yucca....I'll look into it.

Kyung

Not sure if this will help you, but my XJ speedo STARTS at 20 kph. There is no zero on the dial at all. I have to be going at least 20 kph before it will indicate speed at all.

Maybe its a Canadian XJ thing.

The needle on my 94 is just a little sticky. Especially in cold weather, it won't indicate until 15-20mph unless I rap the dash gently.

Back