• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flat top question regarding interchangability

slvr98svt

NAXJA Forum User
I found some D44 flat tops for sale on the net, and are supposed to be off a Jeep. I have a Waggy D44 not sure what year prolly late 80's, no vacum. After readying through many articles I have gotten myself confused on whether or not they are basically just a bolt on deal. As far as not having to change outer shafts, caliper brackets and the like. Since they are off a D44 and are going on a D44, sticking with the 6x5.5 bolt pattern, I can just use those and not have to swap anything out correct? Also I have new ball joints for mine already sitting here, just waiting to get the steering figured out before I put them in. Would those be interchangeable as well?
Thanks Alot Guys,
-Matt

I'm doing a D44 front swap on my Comanche but I'll be using Dodge D44 assemblies to keep my 5 on 4.5" pattern. Only D44 knuckle that won't work (as far as I know) is the Rubicon one because it is really a D30 tube on a D44 housing.
You can use either brake assembly as long as the spindle bearings are the same size and bolt pattern (Ford runs 5 bolt center spindle which is why I swapped the Jeep J20 knuckles and brakes to keep it all matching. The outer end was different Ford to everybody else)

Back