• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix gauge swap questions

What are the names and part numbers of the two senders that I need to replace?

Also, since I have the mechanical speedometer, is there a way for me to advance it myself (like with a drill or something)? It has about 22,000 miles less than my Jeep does.

Coolant temperature sender
Oil pressure sender.
I would leave the odometer as it is and just make a note of the mileage difference, with pictures, and keep ittogether if you ever sell it.

I just had to buy one at advance last night
I happen to have the reciept right here.
Advance has the P/N as TSU130
just tell the guy behind the counter that you need one for a guage. one is a temp switch, and one is the temp sender. I had to explain it to the guy behind the counter last night, and I'm still not sure he ordered the right one for me today. He was far too interested in talking to his buddy about what they were doing later that night...
I hate people that show up to work like it's a social experience.

I got the senders today, but am still curious if I can put a drill to the speedo input to roll my new odometer forward. If it's possible, which direction do I need to spin it?

I am doing this swap very soon as well. I have found that you can indeed spin the odo with your drill....but its a might slow prospect!!! I set it up on the bench with a blanket to keep evetytrhing alighned. I left it for about ten mins while I puttered around the garage. It went a total of about 7 miles. My MJ has 67,000 miles and the odo on the trans plant reads 167,000. I for one am NOT going to wait the week it would take to go all the way around and back to my actual mileage!!!

I am going to take pics of the mileage old and new. Recourd the swap, photographiclly and save all pics with the title of the Jeep.

Good luck, with your swap!!!

CW

I just finished putting the new cluster in. I didn't use a drill to match my gauges; I followed the directions in this thread. It took about thirty seconds to roll the odometer forward 22,000 miles once I got the damn c-clip off. The senders can wait until tomorrow; it's about 10 degrees and dark outside.

When I swapped the cluster on a 89 my neighbor came over and said the mileage is now wrong. He's a attorney and thinks about those things. I said well check them out. His reply was how did you get one with the exact same mileage? I had to tell him that it was a easy fix.

JoBo

Back