• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 slips

UN-limited'89

NAXJA Forum User
Got the chance to do some sand over the weekend, and notice that on 2 different occations the jeep slips out of gear, It only happens on 4X4 Mode, I was going to back up and the sand was to soft it started to move ok, but when the jeep started to get stuck on the sand and I felt it was stoping I gave it more gas and that's when the slip came in to play, it sounded like a turbine spining, as soon I relase the gas it kick back in gear. put it in 3 and drove off with no problema. then on another sandy hill going forward, it did it again, same MO as before.
It happened arround 11 pm. Cool climate, did check fluids, and temp, a bit warm on the engine, just over the 220 (aprox).
also check the fluids on the T case sunday morning, no shortage here.
I'll hope someone did understand my interpretation.
any one has something that relates to this issue?
all comments and recomendation are very welcome.
thanks...

'89 limited 4x4 selectrac 4.0 4 doors auto. flow master no cat. (didn't had one when purshased, actually no muffler or cat)
Rick

can you give a little bit more info on the T converter.
I didn't see any losse or damege hosses, but I don't know if this is related, few threads ago I asked about a cruise control issue, and the feed back I got pointed to the vacum cannister in the front bummper.
can this previous issue and the present be related?
or there are others synthoms I have to be aware before I get in to panic mode.?
thanks...

UN-limited'89 said:
can you give a little bit more info on the T converter.
I didn't see any losse or damege hosses, but I don't know if this is related, few threads ago I asked about a cruise control issue, and the feed back I got pointed to the vacum cannister in the front bummper.
can this previous issue and the present be related?
or there are others synthoms I have to be aware before I get in to panic mode.?
thanks...
Yes it's very likely related to a vacuum leak also.

Back