• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ rear spings softer?

brandon11130 said:
i would guess they are "harder" becuase the mj is a pickup and is made to hold more weight in the back

yeah - but id bet that they are about the same spring rate as an XJ... the XJ rear body weighs quite a bit more than an empty truck bed...

maybe pulling the overload leaf would make them even..

I built a bastard pack using an MJ pack and an XJ main leaf, the MJ spring leafs are definately thicker. MJ springs flex better than XJ springs, I guess it's the extra length.

About how much lift did the MJ springs give you? I am planning on the same thing ,But I need about 4.5"

ha look on rustys web site about 4.5 replacemnet mj springs...says if used in a cherokee would yield about 10 inches of lift...

I have 4" rustys MJ springs for my MJ, I want to put the ole MJpacks on the daughters XJ. Her 3"kit is saggin and a draggin :). So I need to know what lift the MJsprings ( with the main eyes cut off ) will give when added to her XJ main. this way I can match on the front.

cabz said:
About how much lift did the MJ springs give you? I am planning on the same thing ,But I need about 4.5"
I have around 5 inches of lift using a 1 1/2 shackle. It'll depend on the condition of your springs.

The springs are soft ( for a truck that is ) but they have plenty of arch.

So you think it will be about the 4" range on the XJ,that would be just about perfect for me.

Back