• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing little rubber "thingys"

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
I'm sorry to use such a technical term but I don't know what they are called. Just took a front fender off my 95 XJ to weld a door hinge. But I had to cut a bunch of the rubber thingys to do it. They hold some bumper pieces and inner fender well stuff together. Can I buy these somewhere (other than a dealer) or is there something else I can use?
gregg

Failing finding it in a store, take one of the shredded ones with you, and ask to look at a Motormite (Help!) catalogue. They've got a LOT more stuff than you see - and going thru the catalogue has really saved me a few times. I should get one of my own...

5-90

5-90 said:
Failing finding it in a store, take one of the shredded ones with you, and ask to look at a Motormite (Help!) catalogue. They've got a LOT more stuff than you see - and going thru the catalogue has really saved me a few times. I should get one of my own...

5-90
You made me search! :)

Looks like there is an online catalogue--kinda slow, but better than none.

I also learned that I have been spelling fasteners incorrectly.

MOAL(mother of all links) follows....
http://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-bin/vm91corp30r/cat_search1.w?sid=0x01184e0b&vsrch_str=BODY%20FASTENERS%20INTERIOR&vsrch_brand=ALL&vsrch_cat=ALL&st_amount=0&end_amount=999999999.99&start=18&prev=no&vNext=yes&clt=hwrap1&category_no=&category_list=&from_page=search

i've allways heard them referred to as popclips. the ones used to hold on door pannels have a different head than the ones used on the fender liners, but both work to hold up the fender liners.

that dorman website is awesome. Just a bunch of random things that are useful. I'm ordering a whole bunch of interior screws and such, no longer will the MJ rattle it's way down the road cause all the screws are missing.

You're welcome.

It's funny - I'm working on a "posting rules" post because I'm getting so damn frustrated - one of the "rules" I'm positing is "learn to spell, or buy a dictionary." Not spelling correctly makes it harder to search - computers are awfully literal when it comes to things like that...

5-90

Lou said:
You made me search! :)

Looks like there is an online catalogue--kinda slow, but better than none.

I also learned that I have been spelling fasteners incorrectly.

MOAL(mother of all links) follows....
http://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-bin/vm91corp30r/cat_search1.w?sid=0x01184e0b&vsrch_str=BODY%20FASTENERS%20INTERIOR&vsrch_brand=ALL&vsrch_cat=ALL&st_amount=0&end_amount=999999999.99&start=18&prev=no&vNext=yes&clt=hwrap1&category_no=&category_list=&from_page=search

Back