• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front receiver/skid combo

Bounty Hunter

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody try to use a front receiver (drawtite) with an OEM front skid? They both use the swaybar mounting holes, thought I could cut the skid to fit and fasten it to the receiver cross-tube. Anybody?

You got any lift with that ?
Drawtite instructions say to remove skid to install hitch,and leave skid off.Do a search -several people have spaced the skid down .IIRC the mounting holes across the front cross-member are covered by the hitch so you would loose those mounting points.
I run this hitch and never saw the need for the skid.
Wayne

Bounty Hunter said:
5.5" of lift. I figured the front mounting holes would be lost.

You don't think there is much benefit from the skid with the receiver and 5.5" of lift?

IF---I/you were running over a lot of tall grass/corn field or small trees then I would think the skid would help keep crap out of the belts/steering gear.It may help in deep mud.I would be more inclinded to move the steering to the top of the knuckle than to try to space the skid down.
This is just what I think.You may see it different.
Wayne

Bounty Hunter said:
Anybody try to use a front receiver (drawtite) with an OEM front skid? They both use the swaybar mounting holes, thought I could cut the skid to fit and fasten it to the receiver cross-tube. Anybody?

I have a stock front skid that the previous owner of my rig cut to fit with a front hitch -- I PM'd you if your interested...

Back