• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 classic overhead consol removel

allthingsoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
how do you remove the over head consol (with the computer in it) with out just ripping it out? i would like to reuse it but i have to modify it just a little so im to affraid to pull on it not knowing if there are snaps or not

Never looked at the one on a 99 but the console on my 90 there's a screw at the forward end of it then after that is removed you can pull/slide it off the rear brackets.

Zoro said:
Never looked at the one on a 99 but the console on my 90 there's a screw at the forward end of it then after that is removed you can pull/slide it off the rear brackets.

The same.

Hello,
To remove a 99 overhead console. Just unscrew the two front screws located where the mirrors clip in. Then hold the console and shift it forward and then down. The center bracket is the main support for the console and all the console does is hold on to it. Then just unclip the wires from the keyless, power, and computer. Hope this helps.
Alex

2000XJSPORT said:
Hello,
To remove a 99 overhead console. Just unscrew the two front screws located where the mirrors clip in. Then hold the console and shift it forward and then down. The center bracket is the main support for the console and all the console does is hold on to it. Then just unclip the wires from the keyless, power, and computer. Hope this helps.
Alex
Ditto that, but I think you ment to say "sun visors" instead of mirrors. :D

Back