• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know all parts of the steering column?

Jackhill442

NAXJA Forum User
This is an odd predicament, I know. I have a 96, which came with an airbag and cruise on the steering wheel, and I have replaced my steering wheel with an aftermarket Momo. I need to find out what part on earlier, pre-airbag models spins to allow hookup of the horn. I have had a dash switch for the horn, but I want to have a regular horn button on the wheel. If anyone knows the part number or numbers or the name of the part, I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks,

Yes, the adapter kit doesn't include the slipring because they don't want to be liable for airbag deletions. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Jackhill442 said:
This is an odd predicament, I know. I have a 96, which came with an airbag and cruise on the steering wheel, and I have replaced my steering wheel with an aftermarket Momo. I need to find out what part on earlier, pre-airbag models spins to allow hookup of the horn. I have had a dash switch for the horn, but I want to have a regular horn button on the wheel. If anyone knows the part number or numbers or the name of the part, I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks,

There is no clock spring that'll work. you'll need to wire the horn to a button (i used one from a door bell) and install below and ahead of the turn signal on the column cover, and you'll have to get used to cancelling your turn signals on your own. other than that, you're good.

Really? Are you saying that there doesn't exist one at all, or the one from the older columns doesn't fit? Surely there is a way to retrofit the older column's device to my newer one, no?

Back